City Art Center in Partnership with Habitat for Humanity in Delaware, Ohio
Where: City Art Center, 22 E. Winter Street, Delaware, Ohio
When: April 6 – 28, 2012; Opening Reception: First Friday, April 6
Entry Form Download Here
ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7 AT 11PM!!!!
The premise for the exhibition is to highlight sustainable practices in art making as well as to promote the efforts of the Habitat for Humanity in Delaware County. Eight artists/artist groups will be selected from the Central Ohio region. The selected artists will demonstrate their ability to repurpose materials to created unique works of art with images of their past works as well as a submitted artist statement. The selected artists will be awarded a $50 voucher from the Delaware Restore to obtain materials to be used in 1-3 new works created specifically for the ReStore Art Exhibition. Note: The Delaware ReStore is the only participating ReStore.
The Exhibition will be juried. Prize amounts as follows:
Best of Show: $250
First Place: $100
A “People’s Choice” award will be determined by votes from City Art Center visitors and that amount will be based on visitor donations.
The artwork must be for sale; the proceeds will be given as follows:
25% for Habitat for Humanity, Delaware County
25% for City Art Center
50% for the artist
The perimeters for the artists to work with as far as creating the artwork are:
- 85% of the artwork should be constructed from materials obtained at the ReStore or repurposed materials.
- There is no limit on size or dimension (2D or 3D).
- The work should be developed with high level of craftsmanship and concept is significant.
- Collaborations or “Teams” are welcome and encouraged.
- The works need to be completed and installed for the April 6 Opening Reception at the City Art Center.
- The tools to complete the work are completely the responsibility of the individual artists.
- The installation is also the responsibility of the artists.
- The artwork should be a response to the theme of the exhibition
Selected artists will be notified by Monday, March 5 and will have ONE MONTH to complete the work for the ReStore Art Show which opens Friday, April 6, 2012.
Contact: Jessi Walker,
Director, City Art CenterEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org