I'm happy to say that we are making progress with the space. We spent the afternoon yesterday doing some heavy cleaning. But, before I get to that, let's reflect on what's been happening up until now. The following images were taken shortly after we started clearing out the space back in August. We had some great help that day and filled 3 tractor trailer-sized dumpsters with stuff from the space. This space had previously been a florist shop for decades as I'm told and has been vacant for several years since their close. There was a lot to remove as we are opening the space to be used for exhibitions, instructional space, artist studios and a workshop.
The bottom image was taken as the major cleaning out was winding down. What a long, hot, filthy day!
We are currently in the process of planning the electrical reworking as there are many dangling wires in the space and much of the current electrical work falls quite short of the city code standards.